How is it the last day of August? Before we know it summer will be over! As much as I am excited for sweater weather and pumpkin spice lattes, August has been pretty great! For Southern'spirations, the blog has over-doubled in views and I am amazed by the positive feed back and support, thank you! Personally, this month was been wonderful, I have been on several trips to visit family, had fun trying out new products and just loving life! I wanted to start sharing my monthly favorites as a way to highlight new things I have bought, discovered, loved or learned!
Health & Beauty
1. Camille Beckman reached out to me about trying some of their products this month and man I am so glad they did!! They are a wonderful skin care company out of Idaho. All of Camille Beckman's products are made in the US, at their Idaho facility. The company is very proud of their status as a pioneer in green production. Which they should be! Plus they do not test on animals! Making my heart just as happy as my skin when I use their products. Trust me y'all, this is not the last time you will hear me raving about how amazing this company and their products are! I narrowed down my personal favorites for this month to the Wild Rose lip balm and two of their glycerine hand therapies, Blackberry Lavender and English Lavender. The lip balm is larger than the normal chapstick and so smooth! Plus...and this may sound weird, but it tastes good, some lip products have a "chemically" taste but you can tell that this product is all natural cocoa butter. Makes my lips feel great for hours! Both of the glycerine hand therapies are amazing and smell wonderful so I couldn't narrow it down to one! I keep the smaller, English Lavender, in my purse at all times. While I keep the Blackberry Lavender at home for the morning and night routines (Would you be interested in a post on that?). My hands get very dry from typing away all day, making the glycerine hand therapy my little secret (well not anymore) to keeping my hands smooth and my cuticles from drying out.
2. I finally bought a foam roller. I have used one before at the gym to help loosen my tight back and legs after working out. It makes recovering from a hard workout much easier. A goal for September is to work on my posture and my workout schedule so this foam roller will be a necessity. Want to buy your own? Check out these options:
3. As shocking as this may sound I haven't bought a new hair brush since...well I can't remember. I found this round brush and first fell in love because it was teal but after using it the first time, I was obsessed with the results. I know. A brush. But this brush has really helped with my frizzy problems! I love how smooth and silky my hair now is. I found mine at TJMaxx but you can find the same brush HERE.
Fashion & Style
4. One of my favorite things that happened in August was getting to partner with BandBJewelsDesigns to bring a Sorority Recruitment Look Book to Southern'spirations! I loved pairing the yellow tassel earrings (above) with the bright cobalt blue dress for the Look Book. Honestly, yellow is not a color I usually pick out for myself but once I tried on these earrings...I was hooked! I am loving tassels right now and believe the style is here to stay through the Fall/Winter season. Do you need a perfect pair of earrings to go with your tailgating outfit or want something fun for a girls night out? Trust me, check out BandBJewelsDesigns her styles and prices will not disappoint!
5. The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale was as crazy as alway this year, but I loved being able to shop in the store and have the opportunity to try on my different picks! Be prepared for some transitioning into Fall - Lilly posts coming to Southern'spirations because I can not wait until next Spring to pull out my After Party pieces!
Other things I have been obsessing over this month
6. Taylor Swift's New Single "Look What You Made Me Do". Not my normal music choice but I can't stop listening or watching the music video! Check it out for yourself and see what you think!
7. So I haven't been watching Netflix this month...because I have been using Amazon Prime hahah. I have become obsessed with Dr Who! The BCC show is amazing, I now understand why the fans are so crazy about!
I can't wait to see what September will bring! Do you have any goals for September? I plan to focus on my posture and limit my sweet tooth.
Blessings from Birmingham & Happy September!