Praying for Texas
It is with a heavy heart I write this post. As a Southern, American and human being, I grieve for the loss that Hurricane Harvey has caused and continues to create. Houston you are in my thoughts and prayers.
God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.– Psalm 46:1
As much as I am in disbelief of the storm, I am in awe of how everyone has quickly picked up the pieces and doing everything they can to help the people and the city of Houston. From monetary donations, clothing drives and the tireless hours of the rescue teams...just wow! Everyone can make a difference and make a lasting positive impact. Here I have collected a list of ways you can donate and support the organizations in Houston.
1. The American Red Cross has made is very easy to send monetary donations. Text HARVEY to 90999 to donate 10$.
2. Donate to bring volunteers to Texas by donating to Team Rubicon. An amazing organization that works with military veterans to send volunteers into the heart of disasters.
3. Donate to the local Houston SPCA.
4. Donate to the Salvation Army's Emergency Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund HERE.
5. If you want to give a physical donation the following food bank areas have been affected: Houston Food Bank, Galveston County Food Bank, Corpus Christi Food Bank, Southeast Texas Food Bank.
6. The Texas Diaper Bank is asking for diapers and wipes.
7. Airbnb is waiving service fee so if you are local to Texas think about sharing your home with a family in need.
8. Check in your local community for possible clothing and goods drives. Many cities have started gathering supplies to send to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
9. Many businesses are giving donations with purchase. One example, Evenly Henson has a line of art prints that all proceeds are going to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Direct Message her on Instagram @evelyn_henson to order.
This is just a short list of how we can help make an impact. Do you know of other organizations or donation drives? I would love you to share them in the comments below!
Lastly, remember that together we are strong. Have faith the sun shine will come.
The righteous call to the Lord, and he listens; he rescues them from all their troubles.– Psalm 34:17
Sending Blessings from Birmingham,